In preparation for all this I have been gathering the last few reports from doctors so we can get them copied and take them with us on Thursday.
One of the more disheartening ones is the neuro-psych evaluation report:
- substantial difficulty recalling distinctive recent events
- reduction in auditory attention/concentration
- reduced cognitive processing speed
- significant impulsivity/disihnibition
- significantly below average in his ability to complete mental calculations
- displays prominent deficiency in planning and organization
- seems both labile and disinhibited in his daily fuctioning
"Structured cognitive assessment corroborates very substantial persisting impairments in recent memory/new learning."
"The patient displays prominent deficiencies in self regulatory ability and self monitoring..."
While this all bodes well for the VA Disability claim, it is a huge black mark on our future. The Doctor recommends occupational therapy - I am hoping this is something we can get through the VA once this is all approved because he will need lots of visits and at $25 co-pay per visit under my insurance plan we just can't afford it.
I also pray that the VA Disability is at the max allowed amount because that would allow me to work part time and be available to take him to all these many appointments.
So hoping Thursday goes well and wishing there was a better prognosis. :(