Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am absolutely LIVID

Because of THIS!

In 2008 I made improvments to my home. I installed a new high efficiency gas furnace. I put an additional layer of energy saving insulation in my attic. I replaced drafty doors with new energy star rated doors.

I knew that the tax deduction for this ended in 2007 BUT was assured that it would be extended by several people who seemed to be in the know.

They were wrong! Here is what the energystar.gov site says:

"On October 3, 2008, President Bush signed into law the “Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.” This bill extended tax credits for energy efficient home improvements (windows, doors, roofs, insulation, HVAC, and non-solar water heaters). Tax credits for these residential products, which had expired at the end of 2007, will now be available for improvements made during 2009. However, improvements made during 2008 are not eligible for a tax credit."

My response to this is YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING? I'm just wondering why I have a black cloud over me these days - can nothing go right? Last year I spent $10,000 improving my home and NONE of it is tax deductible -so sorry for your shitty luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why taxes are evil.

Diane said...

That is unbelievable! Just another reason to dislike Soon to be ex-pres Bush!