Friday, July 24, 2009

Top Thrill Dragster...

This is a roller coaster at Cedar Point - the best amusement park in the USA at least - with 13 roller coasters and a great many more THRILL rides. I spent the day there yesterday with two of my long time friends and my husband. The Top Thrill Dragster is a "strata coaster" this thing shoots you out at 120 mph in 4 seconds, then you go straight up (90 degree angle) for 400 feet and over the top and twist back down. The entire ride is over in 17 seconds. I said "NO WAY IN HELL AM I RIDING THAT THING" in fact I've been saying that for weeks. My husband echoed my sentiments - just too much. So spending the day with my best friend Jackie we somehow decide sure we are going to ride this. Jackie and I often do things together that neither of us would do alone.

So we got in line and talked for the 45 minutes we had to wait, me with my back to the actual ride and trying to ignore it. I didn't want to think about what I was about to do. YIKES. We got up close and I started getting nervous. We got in the car and I was really nervous. Pete and my other friend Crystal who were too chicken (or too smart maybe?) to ride were watching from the sidelines and laughing at me as I closed my eyes and held on for dear life.

It shot us out of there and in 4 seconds we reached 120 miles per fucking hour! I clenched my jaw and thought about opening my eyes and suddenly I was coming back down the other side - STRAIGHT down and my eyes opened just as we leveled out and came to a stop. Yep I rode it - maybe next time I'll keep my eyes open? :)It was a hell of a ride.

7 comments:

*krystyn* said...

I'll go on it with you next time. I miss Cedar Point soooooooooooooooo much. Grew up in Michigan so we went there at least 2x every summer!!

Debbie said...

Being from Ohio, I'm very familiar with Cedar Point. But, I will never go on that one! You are brave!

Meghan said...

oohwooooh! That looks wicked fun! I'm a big fan of wild thrill rides (and astonishingly realistic and frightening haunted houses...LOL). Good for you! I always knew you were corruptible, I could make you go too (uh, on a thrill ride or to a truly evil haunted house, not to the bathroom...ok, maybe all three, one as a result of the other :-)). The one type of thing I would have to have someone like me who *wasn't* afraid of heights pushing and daring and challenging me to do is skydiving and/or bungee jumping. I do have a mild fear of heights, and freefall type things where I think I could come loose and go splat are very frightening. :-) P.S. Got my package! All worked out great!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

The bigger and faster is great with me I love them.

Unknown said...

My stomach is twisting jyst looking at that ride. You are a brave soul!

Anonymous said...

Kudos for working up the nerve! You couldn't pay me...

JW.BW said...

I cant wait to go to Cedar Point!! It looks like sooo much fun!! One of the perks to living in Ohio now!!