Friday, April 3, 2009

In other news - VACATION

I didn't think we'd get to take a vacation this year - just no money for it. But friends of ours who live in Oklahoma and came to see us last year insisted that we come with them to a rental beach house in Galveston in June. They said they would buy our plane tickets and everything! Well I'm far to proud to let someone buy my tickets (we are not totally destitute) so I found and purchased our tickets at a fairly reasonable price. They are renting the house for 4 days and we will be spending 6 days with them (the last 2 at their home in Oklahoma).

So instead of feeling sorry for myself all year because I can't take a real vacation I will be spending 4 days a block from the beach in Galveston, TX - granted in June it might be hot there but if I'm on a beach I won't care! :)

4 comments:

Maxie said...

that's awesome! I hope you have a great time.

Diane said...

Sounds Great! I'm also trying to figure out our vacation plans this year! :)

Shelby said...

Hi! I found you through searching Google blogs for blogs related to middle age and I'm so glad that I did! I love the "mommy bloggers" but I'm kinda past that stage.

I'm really glad you get to go on vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be hot, and the beach is going to rock, and I'm more than a little jealous. You're so deserving, though, that makes it easier. You need a break! :)