Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the little things...

Yesterday was a bad day. I was down for sure, having some issues at work with clients and just bumming all around. I went home not in the best of moods but knowing that I had dinner in the crock pot at least made the evening something not to dread.

When I got home my husband got off the couch and gave me a hug. We talked, we laughed a little. I made some mashed potatoes and corn to go with the roast in the crock pot. We had a nice dinner.

After dinner we watched Mama Mia! And my bad day dissolved away as I laughed, cried and sang along. This scene in particular made me want to get up and dance with them:



I explored the special features which allow you to jump right to a song and I watched this scene again. And then I watched this one which also makes my heart sing along:



I know I'm a dork but I <3 ABBA and I don't care who knows. Thanks Mama Mia for turning a shitty day into a nice evening!

Do you Blogerella?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!! I love ABBA too. We are twins, I swear.

Tricia said...

If you love ABBA you will love this movie! The best song is the Dancing Queen/Waterloo remix during the credits - the three female leads and three male leads all sing in crazy 70's Elvis inspired costumes and I laughed myself silly.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love that movie. I could watch it over and over. we need feel good in our lives right about now.

Unknown said...

Haven't seen the movie yet, but ABBA can always pick me up no matter what mood.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Mamma Mia! great? :-) I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but to this day it remains my very favorite of the Broadway shows I've seen, people were dancing and singing in the aisles to Dancing Queen at the end, just a great feeling - and so, if you are a dork, so are a bazillion New Yawkers. :-) The secret to that kind of unstressed, unbridled happiness may be about living on such a gorgeous Greek isle far away from the rat race, not sure. We should take a few years off, move there, and do some research. :-) In the meantime, I will have to rent the movie!