Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wandering on Wednesday

I cannot stay focused today. I want to eat - EVERYTHING. I want to take a nap. I want to go home.

After our company left on Monday, hubby came home. When I got home he looked kinda forlorn and I gave him a hug - which prompted him to tear up and say that "S" was his only friend. Of course I disagreed with him as I am his friend - but also being his wife puts me in another category. So I will have to figure something out for a trip to Oklahoma for us to visit - but still NOT CHRISTMAS. We did agree to go on vacation with them next April to Playa de Carmen in Mexico - an all inclusive resort vacation. Didn't have to twist my arm on that one at all! LOL

Hubby's fucktard behavior from last week seems to have been a one off - it hasn't been repeated and yes I am still keeping an eye out for anything that might be out of the ordinary. I can handle what happened - not much to be honest - but it could have been so much worse. Hopefully he has gotten this midlife crisis bullshit out of his system.

Hubby got a call back from an interview he had with NYS 3 weeks ago. The guy left a message on our voice mail yesterday. We are hoping it's a job offer! He called back today and the guy who called is out of the office until Friday so we have to wait until then.

This weekend is mother's day - hosting at our house. So nice that all I have to worry about is shopping and making the food because the maid will ensure the house is nice and clean. Yippee - she did take my requests quite well and everything was nicely polished with Pledge when we got home last Saturday. So this Saturday I can go shopping and buy flowers to plant in my front beds and food to serve to my family on Sunday and not have to worry about vacuuming and mopping and scrubbing toilets. I do think she will work out. Week 2 was much better than week 1 and week 3 is bound to be even better!

Well enough of my rambling nothingness post. Oh wait - one more thing to make this a Wicked Wednesday post too- at the gym today on the treadmill there was a guy in front of me on the elliptical machine. He was old - really OLD! He had a toupe! It was not properly glued down, as he was pedaling away it was flapping away. I couldn't tear my eyes from it and I was laughing, until I nearly cried, I was choking back the snorts, I think he heard me as his hand went to his head several times trying to pat it back down. It didn't work.

3 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Poor guy ... as a Mid-Western guy, I find the need to 'run with my pack' every so often. Although the call of the wild is pretty mundane these days for the 'long in the tooth' hound.

Anonymous said...

I hope your momma's day get together goes off without a hitch!

Tricia said...

Don't feel sorry for him - he's got it pretty good with all I do to make him happy! :)

Thanks on the momma's day wishes. I'm sure it will be fine - my family is easy.