Monday, June 16, 2008

How to detect fabulously gay co-worker...

Add one major thunderstorm - producing hail and tornado warnings.

Send said co-worker (who happens to be company bean counter) out in storm to deposit the day's receipts before end of banking day at 3pm.

Ask said co-worker upon returning if he saw any tornadoes while he was out there.

Proceed to watch in open mouthed amazement as fabulously gay co-worker begins to sing AND dance ...

"The car began to pitch, my eye began to twitch, I landed at (Company Name) in the middle of a ditch..."

In case anyone doesn't recognize that - it's an improvisation of the song from the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy explains how her house got to Oz and landed on the witch.

Singing and improvising showtunes in the office for an audience - no more "Is he or isn't he" questions! LOL Add another fabulous gay man to my corral of friends as I already love this guy - last week on my birthday he asked how old I was and then said "girlfriend, if I was a bartender I'd card you!" so really there wasn't any question in my mind anyway but had to share the fabulous showtunes story.

Even funnier - the straight as an arrow tech guys who sit near me all watching on in fascinated HORROR! LOL

7 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Oh how FUN!! Very quick thinking by 'fabulously gay co-worker'. Unless of course, he was already singing it to himself before getting back to the office. In any case, adding in the dancing is great.

Anonymous said...

omg! hahahaha I LOVE THAT.

Anonymous said...

It's always great to see the overly hetero males react to the fabulously gay man. :-)

Anonymous said...

WH's brother is gay, and for some reason, is not that fun, but WH's brother's best friend? A. Total. Blast. Love him. And, he always notices when I try a new makeup trick! :)

BRAINCHEESE said...

Yep, show tunes are a dead give away...that, and old musicals. Sounds like a lively office!

Linda D. in Seattle

Anonymous said...

I love it. I just love it. I consider myself the most likely to improvise some WIzard of Oz lyrics and it's somewhat less fabulous and just more dorky when performed by a straight chick.

Shieldmaiden96 said...

I have to confess....I've had that song in my head ever since I read this...and last night I'm pushing a patient in the stretcher from the ambulance down the hall to their room at the hospital and I caught myself WHISTLING it. I stopped immediately, suddenly paranoid that my patient would recognize it and take it personally.