Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Working here is certainly not helping my weight...

This office is all about food. It's like a baptist church in that every event no matter how tiny must be celebrated with food. Today's event was a co-worker's 50th birthday (now that is not a tiny milestone) and it was celebrated with pizza, wings, salads, veggie trays, fruit trays, cookies, brownies, cake, ice cream. It was enough food for 150 people but only 90 people work here and less than that participated.

I had 2 small squares of mushroom pizza, 2 wings, some salad with lite italian. A chocolate chip cookie, an ice cream bar (much later in the day) and they never did cut the giant birthday cake which is in the fridge to make us all fatter tomorrow.

Since I started working here in October we have and at least 1 food event per month and the people here are good cooks! We have had a chili cookoff, a soup cookoff, a baking contest, a BBQ, chip&dip day, and more. It's insane.

I go to the gym 3 days a week at lunch, I bought a wii fit for use at home (and I'm using it), but the diet? The diet is not there. Exercising has improved my numbers - my cholesteral is down (was always normal but high normal now just normal), blood pressure is down (118/74 last checked), blood sugar is perfect, but my weight? It's not down. It's not up either but all this working out would make it go down if only the calories were kept in check.

I blame it on the office. There is too much food here and too little stress, with more stress I eat less because I don't have time to eat. So yeah it's their fault not mine! Right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes office food really sucks. My problem is that people think I'm super thin (cause they don't see me nekkid), so they are *always trying to feed me*! Donuts, suckers, ice cream, cookies, cake, bagels with four tons of cream cheese- it's insane. They think I'm anorexic or something. No, people, I'm just careful.

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I can get into working out but just can't ever manage to diet.