Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday - UGH - is the best I can say right now

I am horribly unmotivated at work and wasting another day doing nearly nothing. My first annual review is less than 2 weeks away and if anyone is paying attention I'm not making a good impression right now. *sigh*

Hubby heard from the contracting company, still stringing him along, today's news is that it's 98% certain that he has the job, just ironing out details and as soon as that is done they will send him the paperwork he will need to fill out before he gets started. It should be a load off - but until they sign on the dotted line I worry. This contract is for a financial institution in NYC - and well Wall Street is MELTING so yeah I keep waiting for the project to be tabled or canceled.

I spend my waking hours waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am depressed, yes, more so than I ever have been before in my life. Saturday afternoon I had to run down to my mom and dad's to get their mail and bring it in. Instead of leaving I sat on their porch swing and cried for about an hour. I didn't really feel better when I was done crying as is usually the case.

I did spend some time with my sister on Sunday and she is the only family member who knows all the details of my hubby's job situation. No one else knows that he actually quit his job without having another lined up. My parents don't know he quit, his family doesn't know he doesn't have the job yet. It's nice to be able to talk about it to someone. We went to a craft show that was kind of a bust but I did buy a new purse that I am in love with right now - it's soft courderoy and so cute! I also bought a pretty scarf that I need to wash before I wear it. When I took it out of the bag at home I realized whoever made it must smoke in their house because it has a stale cigarrette smell. But it's pretty and makes me smile and it was only $8 so DEAL!

Making plans for Friday night with friends - hopefully good news by then so I can enjoy myself. Either Octoberfest (an outdoor festival) or maybe party at my place and liquorfest as plan B in case of weather. Friends are one of my bestest friends - and a guy I work with that I set up with her. So far they are hitting it off and that makes me very happy when I think about it.

Enough - 3 more hours and I can put this day to rest.

2 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

so many people are coping with some difficulty these days. it is a sign of the times. struggling seems to be part of our every day lives. keep the chin up.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling down, Tricia. I'm sure Pete's job situation hasn't helped matters, I'm really glad to hear he got it! The economic outlook is indeed bleak, just get my gun ready so I can shoot us some food. Remember that thread from not too long ago, when it all goes to pot I'm coming to live with you, away from the panicked, screaming hordes. I'll bring money, if I have any left. :-)