Thursday, December 17, 2009

Joy to the World & other random musings...

This is from last night - our group singing some rockin Christmas tunes - my heart really isn't in the season but I managed to muster some enthusiasm to sing at least:



In other news I got to use my fax machine today - it is a new toy that is actually part of my new HP OfficeJet All In One - Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax - had to run a really long cord from the other room but was able to fax the Veteran’s Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability right into the rep at the PVA.

Praying that this goes through and they approve it as it will mean $1100 more a month for Pete. That is the difference between 90% disabled and 100% disabled. I have to wonder why it's so much? Someone who is 90% disabled is not capable of much in the way of employment. But it seems appealing the claim to 100% is not wise - the rep from the PVA said that for him to be rated 100% he will either need to be completely unable to walk OR cognitively so out of it that he can't remember my name, his own name, what day it is, what year it is, etc. So yeah hoping he never gets that bad! Probably will end up in a wheelchair eventually but we want to put it off as long as we can. BUT we do need him rated as unemployable because HELLO - there is no way he could get or keep a job and he deserves this.

So wish us luck! And don't laugh too hard at my singing - not sure if there is anymore white girl clapping in this one for your amusement (ahem - Laura).

Merry Christmas (hey I'm trying)

2 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Hey good for you. My friend wants me to join his church chorus. I might just give it a try for something to do.

Laura said...

Love the video! Hey.. I had fun with your white girl clapping! :p
Too bad you didn't bust it out this time...
You guys sounded great~.

I hope that things work out regarding hubbys pension!
Hope that you feel better soon sweetie.
I'm thinking about you...

((Hugs))
Laura