Thursday, April 21, 2011

Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF...

Mark 12:30-31 (NIV)

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these."

The Bible tells us that the greatest commandments have to do with love. 1st to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. 2nd to love your neighbor as yourself.

But can you love anyone if you don't really love yourself? I started thinking on this, what does it mean to love yourself? Certainly it does not relate to being selfish or self centered but perhaps to just respecting yourself and treating yourself as least as good as you treat others? I don't know about you but I treat myself worse than I would treat anyone else. I eat crap, I deprive myself of sleep, I force myself to go to a job I hate every day, I allow myself to be less than my best.

It's time to start learning how to love myself that I might love others as I should. This is going to be a big task.

1 comment:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

let me know if you find the secret