- I rock at Wii tennis! Who knew since IRL I can't play tennis to save my life. Give me a Wii remote and I'm practically Anna Kournikova (okay so I look nothing like her but this is my fantasy right?)
- Roasting whole cloves of garlic in olive oil in your oven makes your whole house smell like garlic. I still smell it in my coat this morning. It tasted great in the lasagna but damn the stench is too much.
- Wii boxing is very hard - I suck at it! If it were real I'd be looking like my face was raw meat today. I don't think I'll try that again.
- Four month old babies may just be the sweetest creatures on the planet. Playing with a cooing, giggling, sweet baby boy was a highlight of my Sunday. Conversely 4.5 year old boys with too much energy and not enough discipline are a fantastic form of birth control. I love him too but I don't want to snatch him up and take him home with me like I do with the 4 month old.
- Wii bowling is great fun for the whole family (especially me since I am good at it! MUCH better than real bowling since there I usually end between 80 and 120 pins and in Wii bowling I hit 210 the other day). Saturday night a Wii bowling extravaganza with my mom, dad, me and hubby. I think we took turns winning and played until we were pooped then sat down at the table and played some good old fashioned board games.
- Even Oscar Winners like Hilary Swank are not immune from making bad movies now and again - The Reaping - case in point. Hilary is the only redeeming thing about this very bad cult movie. Don't waste your time is my advice.
- When the temperature goes from 38 degrees in the morning to 4 degrees by night time - I am probably going to get sick. Sure enough this morning a sore throat and a sinus headache are plaguing me. I hope it doesn't turn into the croupy cough mess I just finally got over.
- Newly minted happy adoring hubby survived the weekend. Maybe he really is going to stick around? Here's hoping.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Manic Monday - my weekend discoveries....
So this was a relaxing laid back weekend and here are some things I discovered: