Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF - Random thoughts...

The flamewar embers are still glowing hot. I haven't posted or logged in since Wednesday and yet this morning someone has reposted my picture with a nasty comment and someone else called me a hag and told me to stay out of it. *sigh* I wish I had stayed out of it. Had to turn my MySpace private and hubby's too just to be safe. It's crazy what these people will do.

My family is going camping this weekend and I'm not going. I wanted to go, asked hubby about it and he made a really lame excuse instead of just saying "I don't want to go" - he had his Tysabri on Wednesday and he shaves the hair on his arm so they don't pull it all out with tape while he's getting his infusion. He told me that he didn't want to go camping this weekend because his arm would be shaved. Really? This was the best he could come up with! LOL - how about I don't want to sleep in a tent on the ground? Or I don't like camping? Or I'd rather stay home and watch the olympics. But the shaved arm? Really? I actually snorted out loud when I read that in an email. I may go up on Sunday to swim and hang with them anyway - the campground is only 35 miles from home so I can enjoy camp without having to set up and sleep in a tent! Score!

It has rained so much this summer that I never seem to get a break from mowing the lawn it has to be done every week or it gets too high. So we have 2 riding lawn mowers BUT hubby f'd up the older one trying to replace the belt on the mower deck. He couldn't get it back together - so my dad helped out and now it's still not right and the blades are hitting on something. I'm sure my dad could get it working if we asked but hubby is insistent that I not tell him about it. Hubby can't fix it, doesn't want me to tell my dad it's not working, and instead wants to pay a fortune to have someone come to the house to fix it? I think I'll mention it to my dad anyway. Because while it's not working I am mowing the damn grass alone while hubby watches TV and waves from the deck. I think he doesn't want it fixed so he doesn't have to help. GRRRRR

I do web design work at times. I used to enjoy it and created my own company to freelance and do web design. WELL when I moved from Cincinnati back to NY I told my main client I was getting out of the business, and he asked me to spend a day with the person he wanted to replace me and show her the ropes. I did (and charged him for it of course) and then after I moved it was only a matter of months before he called and asked could I just help out this one time. I did - NOW I am his primary web design person again and he is driving me crazy. I don't want to do it and he wants me to create new pages, new sites, update pricing on hundreds of items. I want to just say NO and yet I would like the extra money it will bring in (but not the extra work). I figure if I give him bad enough service he'll give up and find someone else - but nope - he just keeps harrassing me.

Well that's enough rambling for now. Enjoy your Friday bloggy friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd fix that mower so fast hubby's head would spin!

Can you subcontract the website work? My SIL paints- that's what she does- gets the job then hires someone else to do it! :)

Anonymous said...

Do not get me started on your lazy husband! :-) I know he's got MS, but you were seemingly the one handling the vast majority of things long before he became significantly affected by it. I agree it makes no sense to pay to have the mower fixed when your dad can do it! But then you're back to him potentially feeling undermined as a man, when it's partly your fault for being his mom all these years, and partly his for not standing up and being one! With the MS to further complicate it all. I'm sorry. :-(

Tricia said...

Hmmm - well I wouldn't call him lazy most of the time but he definitely has his moments. :) Really though there has not been a time since I met him that the MS wasn't affecting him some way. Fatigue has been a big part of the problem.

The mower thing is all about not wanting my dad to fix it I think and it does piss me off.