Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's the little things...

Today I spent some time downloading video and uploading it to YouTube for the band I am singing with - yep I said I'm singing with a band! Okay so it's a worship band for a 2X a month catholic youth group but it's been fun working with the group and I love to sing. This is a first for me though - prior to this my singing has been limited to singing in church, with piano or guitar accompaniment or to a soundtrack and the occasional late night karaoke mistake with friends. This band is the real thing - drums, electric guitars, bass guitar, keyboard player, and 4 vocalists. And we aren't half bad!

The video I uploaded today was from an early practice, it is not polished and not suitable for human consumption yet and was more for me to figure out how to get video off my camera and onto YouTube.

I did have one plus to viewing this video - I found that I don't look nearly as disgusting on tape as I was sure I would! :) I mean the camera add's at LEAST 10 lbs right?

I'm not going to share the video yet - after our first live performance next Wed - Oct 7th I will be happy to share that one with you all if interested.

5 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Can't wait to hear it. I love to sing but would never have the guts to do it.

Laura said...

I can't wait Tricia! I'm looking forward to seeing you and hearing you!
((Hugs))
Laura

Debbie said...

How cool!

Diane said...

Sounds Fabulous! You're a brave woman singing in front of others - you must have a good voice!

Tricia said...

I don't know if I have a good voice - it's acceptable. I do have a solo part that I'm a bit nervous about since I missed my cue in practice tonight and totally f'd it up! LOL I'm sure Wed will go fine.