Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yes I'm whining again...

I work hard at the office most days, I keep my nose down and do my work and only check sites when I am waiting on a process to run or taking a break. But every blessed time I decide to check the internet and am not staring at a UNIX command prompt as usual my boss just happens in my cube. Soon he is going to think I never work. *sigh* I may have to give up daytime dalliances online altogether. That would make me very sad.

It's one of the dangers of cubicle life. "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day." Some days I miss my office - the tiny dark one on the back wall with no window - and it's DOOR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. I have that problem too. It's why my whole cube is set up so that I can see folks coming towards me. Rumor has it that I'm getting a private office soon, though!

Tricia said...

So today it was my boss and the VP both sneaking in behind me when I was taking a moments break to surf the net. WHY oh WHY!

I sure wish our cubicles were such that I could rearrange my computer so as not to have this problem anymore but this is really the only place the computer screen can go.