Tuesday, July 8, 2008

God Bless my Mother-in-Law!

Ever since she had a talk with her youngest son about his behavior on Friday night her son has been sweet, loving, attentive, affectionate. He has bent over backwards to please me, he has panted after me like a dog in heat. I don't know exactly what she said but it seems to be working.

I believe the gist of it was "Tricia loves you and does everything for you, what would your life be without her? And you think it's okay to talk to her that way? You think you are like your father? You're wrong because he NEVER spoke to me like that, he treated me with respect ALWAYS." At least from the bits she told me I am imagining something like that.

Whatever it is, it worked. For now. And hubby is still a former smoker which is amazing to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good! Nice to see that there are nice mother-in-laws out there. Maybe I should have yours talk to mine! :)

Lisa Emrich said...

Sounds like whatever he heard was sorely needed. I hope it has a long-lasting effect.