Sunday, July 13, 2008

Great Weekend

Started out Friday night with a rep from Sears Home Improvements here to give us a quote on a new furnace and central air conditioning. It came in $2,000 less than the quote from the local place that was currently servicing our furnace and providing our oil. We are switching to a propane system that is 96% efficient versus the max efficiency on an oil furnace is 86%. We signed up on Friday night and then by the time the guy left it was 9pm and we were starving and I was in no mood to cook so we ordered out from a local italian place and I got to have yummy chicken penne a'la vodka!

Saturday we slept in a little (8am or so) and got up - I finished mowing the lawn and then did a load of laundry before taking a shower. Hubby got his shower in and we got ready to go to my friend E's camp. I put on my cute new tankini and matching sarong - yay, hubby crazily dressed in jeans and socks and sneaks - he refuses to do shorts for some bizarre reason. LOL The cleaning lady arrived right as we were ready to leave so I said hi and gave her a few instructions and then we headed out to the beach taking Xavier with us. We sat and talked for awhile once we got there and then hubby and friend G watched TV and chatted in the camper while E and I went down to the beach to sun ourselves (I was covered with SPF30 so not really getting any) and watch her son play in the surf. Then back to the camp for a cookout of bratts and cheddarwurst, kielbasa and kraut, caesar salad and baked beans. We stayed until after 9pm enjoying the company, the fire, the s'mores (I only had one but it was tasty) and fresh strawberries. Got in bed around midnight after a day of fresh air! It was great!

This morning we slept until nearly 10am! And then laid around a bit longer. We had lunch and headed to check out some new entry doors at Lowes and Home Depot comparing prices and figuring out which ones we want to get. Then off to the movies to finally catch the new Indiana Jones flick which wasn't half bad if a bit predictable in places. Came home and had a light dinner and have been vegging watching TV. About to head to bed.

Best part - working from home tomorrow so no need to crawl out of bet ad 6am - can get up around 7:30 or so, take a shower and get working long before my usual start time of 8:30 so I can also cut out a bit early! Taking my mom and dad out to dinner tomorrow night as Saturday was their 40th wedding anniversary.

Haven't had a weekend this relaxing and fun for awhile - either on the go or just to busy to enjoy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did have a great weekend. I'm super jealous of your beach time, and frankly, your smores. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Now I want kielbasa. And yay for your parents and their 40th! Have fun with them tonight and take some pictures!

Shieldmaiden96 said...

I'm glad you had a fun weekend; I think you needed one! Congrats to your parents!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Man! I go on a blogging hiatus for one, crappy week, and I find NINE posts buried in here! LOL

Glad to read you had such a relaxing weekend...can I come over?!?

Linda D. in Seattle

Tricia said...

It was a lot of fun, it was relaxing, the beach was great, and yes I did need a good weekend with hubby and no sign of Mr. Hyde. The dinner with my parents was fun but the restaurant was disappointing. The waitress screwed up 4 of 6 orders. The steaks were not cooked right - hubby got the wrong steak altogether. And yet the company was good so all's well.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Except for the mowing it sounds like my perfect weekend - especially the cleaning lady part!

Tricia said...

Oh but the mowing is on a riding mower - so I work on my tan while doing it! :)

Brillig said...

Yay! Sounds wonderful!