Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fooling myself...

Today I went out and ran a bunch of errands over lunch - washed the car (still smells new inside, mmmm) and got my baby it's very first oil change - yes it's only been a month but I did drive to Dayton, Ohio and back and I do drive 100 miles a day for work... so $45 later it's clean and lubed! I stop to get some lunch on my way back and right nearby are Hot Harry's Burritos and Quizno's Subs. I really wanted a burrito in a bad way but I need to take something to go and burritos are best when eaten right away (not 20 minutes later when cold) so I went to Quiznos and got a Roasted Chicken Flatbread Chopped Salad (whew a mouthful). It is tasty with lettuce (healthy), tomatoes (healthy), chicken (sort of healthy), bacon (not at all healthy), and Honey Mustard Dressing (completely unhealthy) as well as 2 pieces of garlicy hot flatbread that are just yummalicious!

So how am I fooling myself? In thinking that there was anything remotely lo-cal or healthy about my lunch! Ah well if anyone asks - I had a salad for lunch! (insert evil grin here)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unhealthy things in salads don't count. They just don't. That's why I put a quarter ton of cheese and ranch dressing on mine. :)

Tricia said...

Oh yeah there was cheese on it too! :) It was a fantastic salad - but probably more calories than the burrito! (okay maybe not cause I get rice, beans, chicken, cheese and a ton of sour cream in my burrito and oh yeah it's a gigantic burrito) The burrito is still calling me though. Maybe tomorrow.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

It's a SALAD!!! That, of course, is healthy, even if it has pork rinds on it. LOL.
And between you and VBC, I'm dying for Taco Bell.

Tricia said...

Today I didn't bother to fool myself at all - I had chicken mcnuggets and a hot fudge sundae - damn stress and what it does to my eating habits.

Anonymous said...

Well, hey, according to the Quizno's site the salad itself isn't too bad (290 cals), it's the flatbread and dressing that add another shocking 840 cals and 62 grams of fat! The dressing alone is the worst at 500/50 - maybe you didn't eat much dressing? LOL One thing I read that I do with dressing that seems to actually work well is putting it on the side, then dipping my fork into it before each bite, that way there's dressing on each bite but I end up using very little. Otherwise, that whole "two teaspoons" or whatever of dressing per serving doesn't work well unless it's evenly distributed! And speaking of Quizno's, I'm not generally a fan, but tried one of their new Angus steak Sammies a week or so ago when I was in a rush - not bad tasting! I think they're about 200 cals.