Monday, January 7, 2008

How did I get this old?

So I wake up one day and realize - I'm middle aged? How did this happen? It seems just yesterday I was 18 and heading off to college for the first time all fresh faced and innocent and ready to conquer the world. Now here I am 37 and a half - getting closer to 40 every day - and complaining of back pains and knee aches and being tired all the time. I drag myself out of bed, go to work, come home, feed everyone, do the dishes, maybe surf the net while watching TV for a bit and then go to bed at 10 to start it all over again the next day.

I guess I'm in a slump and need a boost - but I'm looking at another 20+ years of this same drudgery and it's not what I want. Any tips on winning the lottery? I really could use the dream.

Or maybe I just have a case of the Mondays?

No comments: