Tuesday, March 11, 2008

May 4th 2008 - I am walking in an Upstate NY MS Walk...

For those of you who have been reading my blog from the beginning (a whole 3 months ago) you realize that my husband has multiple sclerosis. For years I walked in the annual MS walk to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in Cincinnati, Ohio. Since moving back to Upstate NY I have been too lazy to register and make this a priority but this is now my 3rd year back in NY, I am settled in and I am going to do it this year.

So I need to start walking at lunch time so the distance doesn't make me wish I hadn't signed up!

I think my sister is going to sign up too and walk with me, perhaps pushing baby "A" in his stroller and maybe my nearly 5 year old nephew "Z" will walk with us too (depending on distance) with my brother-in-law. I will see if I can recruit more people to walk with me too and of course I am now in official fund raising mode! :)

So that brings me to this - I am not ready to de-cloak here on my blog for all the world to see, BUT there are some of you that I would be willing to decloak to on a case by case basis especially if you were interested in sponsoring me in any way. So I created this email address for requests - tricia.mswalk(at)gmail.com so replace the (at) with an @ and you will be able to email me and hopefully that will slow down the influx of spam to that account. If you email me I will send you the link to my participant page on the NMSS website.

When people ask me why I am walking - I say I am walking for "Hope" for my Husband. It's a good reason to walk.

1 comment:

Lisa Emrich said...

Good luck with the fundraising and enjoy the walk. Since your husband has MS, I'll be including your blog on a growing list of MS bloggers I have running at my place. Don't worry there are other spouses listed as well.